Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Go Goa!!! :)

They say that when you are going to do something new..you should have something sweet! Well..It took the sweet experiences of my Goa trip that finally coaxed me into writing down memoirs of my best trip ever.


Flashback...

Me and my hubby, Mr. V had been planning for a nice break for quite some time. But Murphy’s Law seemed to have a real liking for our plans..and therefore all our great plans met an end like policies of Tughlaq! And this was not without side effects…Whenever work pressure would mount, I would start getting desperate to escape from it all. This would be followed by thousand arguments…which were always won by me…as I would use the best trump card—We have never gone for a vacation???? Thus, many a battles were fought to get that elusive vacation!With Mr. V always on the losing side... :P


Its not that we were forever stuck in the National capital! ..In fact, there had been many random fun-filled trips and weekend getaways that we went out for...to places around Delhi and nearby states. But a real exotic vacation had eluded us all this time. And a major reason for this was that somehow we were not able to get time out of office. Finally the month of August,2010 showed some promise of the holidays we had been waiting for…A long weekend... Determined, not to let this opportunity go waste, I took the entire planning in my hands.. (much to the delight of Mr. V!)

After browsing through hundreds of travel blogs and tourism related sites, and listening to suggestions from Rocky and the Nomad I zeroed in on Goa. Goa in Monsoons did raise some eyebrows…'What the hell are you going to do there in monsoons? It rains cats & dogs there at this time of the year! No water sports..it's gonna be boring.. !' But I was unaffected..coz I had seen some pics of Goa during rains…and its beauty was really spectacular…some experts had in fact commented that Goa gets its beauty treatment during monsoons...and this drove the nature lover in me, totally crazy..!!
So it was decided..Goa it is!! Man..was I excited...but amusingly, my family seemed to be even more thrilled than me..!

With the whole travel euphoria, I totally immersed myself insome serious research..best places to go..what to take along..best beaches of Goa..best Vegetarian restaurants and their location..(very important!!!)..and lots more.. Wow..I collected so much information that I felt like I  was writing some dissertation on travel to Goa..Finally, we booked our tickets on Yatra...and Trip advisor helped us to zero in on the Hotel that we were going to stay at.. A lovely property near Colva beach, one of the best beaches in South Goa.



Zipping to Present >>>

So here goes..With tickets and hotel booking done, we are all set for the great Monsoon bonanza in Goa.. Yuhooooo ...Goa Here We come :)                                                                  To be continued.....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. V likes it... :)

Unknown said...

well a nice beginning i must say... u can express girl!!!!!! but one thing i would like to say be careful in what u write.....well kp it up.. looking fwd for sme more Goa....

Ragini said...

Great work didi!! :)
looking forward to a long series... n a zillion more posts..
Luv
Ragi

Paradise lost said...

Alright then!! Way to go gal! Hoping that you'll be a regular here..:)

Priti said...

Good Going G...after reading ur exciting experience abt Goa ...now I can also plan a trip to Goa with Mr V :)....Mr V.A. :)
Please share your exclusive research with us...especially location of Vegetarian restaurants... u guys had a gud time...grt G2

Deeps n Amit said...

Impressive geetums !!! u shud write more often, it was very captivating to read and liked the way you call vaibhav as Mr.V :)
Way to Go !!
Cheers
Deepika

careza4u said...

its like seeing Goa from your eyes, very well described......